With so many locations in New York City, you may be feeling at a loss of where to do your NYC engagement session! The good thing is, you have so many options! Below we've listed some of our favorite spots to take engagement photos. The important part is to pick a place that fits you as a couple and allows your personalities to shine!
1. Prospect Park- One of our absolute favorite places to do sessions! The park is huge with limitless photo spots. Don't forget to check out the waterfalls!
2. Gantry State Park- There are so many lovely spots in this cozy Long Island City park. Take a stroll along the riverside and get some fantastic views of Manhattan. Don't forget the Long Island and Pepsi Cola signs!
3. Conservatory Garden Central Park- Lots of gorgeous archways and walkways! Be prepared, you will need to get a photo permit if you want to do a session here.
4. Riverside Park- Provides lovely views of the Hudson River, with pretty willow trees and walkways.
5. Brooklyn Bridge- There's nothing like walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. You can even see the Statue of Liberty from there! Keep in mind there are usually a lot of tourists on it, so an early morning session is suggested.
6. Fort Tryon- What used to be a fort to guard the city is now a gorgeous park. The Billings Arcade (seen below) and Heather Gardens are both fantastic for photos. You also get some lovely views of the river, city, and bridge from the top. The Cloisters within Ft. Tryon is beautiful as well, but has strict permit restrictions so contact The Met for more info about obtaining one. The rest of the park does not require a permit.
7. The Highline- If you like contemporary art, you'll love the Highline in Chelsea. With a gorgeous mix of industrial vibes and riverside views, you're bound to feel the romance.
8. The Pond at Central Park- There's nothing like a nice stroll around The Pond in Central Park! Walk across the Gapstow Bridge, relax by the rocks, and take a nice breath of fresh air.
9. Williamsburg- For those who love the artsy and industrial vibe, definetely check this area out. There's lots of spots off the beaten path that make great photos for the quirkier couple.
10. Dumbo/Brooklyn Bridge Park- The amount of spots to take around here are endless! With amazing graffiti walls, backdrops with the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge, and cobblestone streets, there's something for everyone.